This English-language master program was born out of the desire to bring to FSEGA quality course content that we’ve developed
and taught during long-term collaborations with various European universities.
We have been teaching these contents at University of Vienna, Free University of Amsterdam, Cardiff University,
FHNW Switzerland, University Carlos III Madrid as well as in extra-curricular programs such as the
NEMO summer school series or in various public tutorials.
Programming skills are an advantage when starting the program, but the courses also provide beginners-oriented tutorials to
support those who attend the program without having a technical background. Acquiring hands-on experience with a diversity of
technologies can enable those who later choose to switch careers towards digitalization projects.
Moreover, the program dedicates some segments of the curriculum to Business Analysis skills, focusing on the ability to
structure and conceptualize a business context and to extract IT requirements out of it.
Therefore the program aims to balance a technological/computational perspective and a conceptual/business analysis direction,
towards building a hybrid “Digital Innovator & Engineer” skill profile that is increasingly needed
but involves historically-disconnected skills for which traditional programs are insufficient
(see details on the Skills and abilities page).
We are developing strategic partnerships for our BMDC graduate students, which provide opportunities for internships or access
to innovative tools. Some of our partnership programs are:
FSEGA joined the OMiLAB network,
which includes universities interested in various methods based on Conceptual Modeling – from Design Thinking to Model-driven IoT.
The OMILAB-FSEGA node of the OMiLAB network will become a key educational resource for our master program’s curriculum,
through its dedicated modules on Design Thinking, Business Process Modeling, Process Automation, IoT (to be integrated during 2023).
More details about the mission and resources of OMiLAB-FSEGA can be consulted here.
The best master dissertations have been promoted in prestigious international conferences and books,
in the form of peer-reviewed published scientific articles:
- Domain-specific Conceptual Modeling, Springer, 2022
- Information Systems Development, ISD 2022, Cluj Napoca
- International Symposium on Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientic Computing, SYNASC 2022, Hagenberg
- Americas Conference on Information Systems, AMCIS 2021, Montreal
- Information Systems Development, ISD 2021, Valencia
- Knowledge-based & Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems, KES 2021, Sczeczin
- Complex Systems Informatics and Modeling Quarterly no. 25, 2020
- Automated Negotiating Agents Competition 2019 @ IJCAI 2019, Macao
- Advanced Information Systems Engineering workshops @ CAISE 2018, Tallinn
- International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, ICEIS 2018, Funchal
- The Practice of Enterprise Modeling workshops @ PoEM 2018, Vienna